Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Love On Top

Beyonce is pregnant. Damn...that gives me a lot of diva feelings. If you know me at all, you know I love Beyonce. I mean, I'm a fan. But, more importantly, I respect her on a human level, on a female level, on a spiritual level, because she has tremendous heart (plus, she's from Houston!). Anyway, seeing how proud she was to announce her belly made me think about a lot of things. Right now, I'm in a place where I feel pregnant emotionally, intellectually, spiritually (not physically haha). I keep being filled and filled with all of these incredible experiences and wisdom; I feel like I need to use them to give birth to something really beautiful. I suppose thats not my own planning. :) When B walked on stage at the VMAs and said "I want you to feel the love growing inside of me," it wasn't a question or a suggestion; it was a statement. I thought to myself, "me too, girl." (...a LOT of diva feelings haha) Aside from "Love On Top" being such a feel-good arrangement, the lyrics are pretty on point (some of it is corny, in true B fashion), but honestly...what would the world look like if we could all sing “Love on Top” to even just one person in our lives and really mean it? What would happen if we all decided to do as we are intended and put someone else's well being before our own? Life would be so full. For everybody. Today when I woke up, two of the Fort Collins ladies were sorting quilts that were to be passed out to all the Indian boarding schools on the res. The other one, Theresa, drove about an hour away to help Mary & Harlen Standing Bear get new tribal IDs. Later in the day, Alicia drove all the way out to Chadron (almost 2 hrs away) to buy backpacks for rest of the kids before school starts. All day long, people were checking on my burn. THESE ARE ALL VOLUNTEERS, Y'ALL. None of this is required, and yet... look at what people are willing to do for one another. LOVE-ON-TOP! :) In the afternoon, Dorothy came over and I made us all tea. She really loved it, so I gave it to her as a gift. The expression on her face was unforgettable. She looked at me and said "This is the best gift I've received in such a long time." When I saw her sincerity, I just grabbed her hand and held it. Tea never tasted so good. 
Miss Dorothy & I

Around 4PM, the Colorado women and I made 40 chocolate almond butter empanadas for the kids after school snack. Thank God they were well behaved today haha. They played for a little bit (I helped the girls make bead keychains with the Standing Bears and Karen) and then we all sang together at the end. I think Alicia and I are gonna start planning songs to play every week.
Nom Nom Nom :)
Jane & BettyLou (who celebrated her 77th Bird Day yesterday!)
Felicia & her bunny, made at our beading station! ^.^ (Mary Standing Bear in the back: Queen of the Beads!)
Medicine Wheel
Marquis & I made a pretty rad kitty keychain, if I do say so myself.  
More beautiful graffiti

No comments:

Post a Comment